Youth Work Apprenticeship Level 2 at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College*
This apprenticeship is suitable for people who work in a supportive capacity with young people, such as youth workers. It is a suitable programme for those entering the sector who may then wish to progress into a more specialist role.
You will study for a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Youth work which consists of a NVQ, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.
You will choose from a range of units such as:
- Safeguarding young people
- Supporting the provision of information and advice
- Understanding youth work principles and practice
- Supporting children and young people with disabilities
- Contributing to children and young peoples health and safety
- Working with peers in a one-to-one situation
- Community development within a faith context
Many people progress to the Advanced Apprenticeship in CYPW once they have completed their apprenticeship.
There are a wide range of rewarding careers working with young people. This includes working with groups of young people, such as Community Work and specialist support such as Rehabilitation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Gloucestershire and Stroud College* directly.