Health and Social Care Level 2 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our health and social care courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like
- Phase Hitchin and Herts Homecare
- Networking events with current professionals from across the sector
- Engagement with guest speakers from businesses like Mind in Herts, Kissing it Better, Healthwatch Hertfordshire, Herts Young Homeless, Stevenage Fire Station and Herts Partnership University Foundation Trust
- Supporting the local community through projects and fund raising
We offer courses, at different levels, in some of the most important occupational areas in the health and social care sector. Our courses offer both direct access employment as well as progression to higher education and develop your understanding of anatomy and physiology, patient needs, rights and responsibilities as well as help you to effectively communicate with patients. You’ll learn how to ensure safe environments and support diversity, equality and safeguarding in health and social care
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Ensuring safe environments in health and social care
- Cultural diversity in health and social care
- Healthy living
- Human lifespan development
- Creative and theraputic activities in health and social care.
- Four GCSEs at grade D or above including maths and English; or,
- Four GSCEs at grade D or above, plus functional skills level 1 maths and English;
- A level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a Merit or Distinction grade – plus maths and English GCSE grade D or above, or functional skills level 1 maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects and two exams. You’ll also sit exams if you’re doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
- Level 3 courses including the foundation diploma in health and social care
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.