Biology A Level at King's Leadership Academy Liverpool
Biology today is the fastest-developing science with GM technology and climate change constantly in the headlines. This course offers a comprehensive insight into the many different aspects of Biology including: biochemistry, cellular biology, anatomy and physiology, genetics and ecology. There are 6 units covered in this course including investigative and research skills.
- Unit 1: Lifestyle, Transport, Genes and Health (20%)
- Unit 2: Development, Plants and the Environment (20%)
- Unit 3: Practical Biology and Research Skills (10%)
- Unit 4: The Natural Environment and Species Survival (20%)
- Unit 5: Energy, Exercise and Coordination (20%)
- Unit 6: Practical Biology and Investigative Skills (10%)
- 5 GCSE A*-C (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Additional/Triple Science at grade B
- 80% Externally assessed exam
- 20% Internally assessed coursework
- This A-Level coupled with other science or social science A-levels will lead onto any of the following: biology degrees at university, biomedical degrees, biomechanics, sports science, microbiology, food science, climatology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King's Leadership Academy Liverpool directly.