Engineering (Electrical / Electronic) Level 3 at Sunderland College
This course is for people who are looking for a career in electrical/electronic engineering or who would like to progress to studying electrical/electronic engineering an higher education.
This course has five mandatory topics:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering Project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
As well as optional topics:
- Further Electrical Principles
- Electronic Measure and Testing
- Electronic Fault Finding
- Features and Application of Electrical Machines
- Mechanical Principles
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
You will need either a minimum of four GCSE passes at grade C or above including a ‘B’ in Mathematics. Or a BTEC at Level 2 Diploma in Engineering, at Merit Level with a Merit in Mathematics.
This course is taught with a mixture of classroom based theory and practical work when applicable.
You could progress to Higher Education to undertake an HNC/D or Degree in a range of Engineering areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.