Photography BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at John Leggott Sixth Form College
You will develop an understanding of the basic function of art and photography in society and work to professional briefs and your personal goals. You will work in the darkroom and study a variety of materials, techniques and processes that are key elements of the course.
- Unit 1 - Visual recording in Art & Design (Photography)
- Unit 2 - Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design Photography
- Unit 35 - Photography Darkroom Practice
- Unit 4 - Ideas and Concepts in Art & Design (Photography)
- Unit 5 - Communication through Art and Design (Photography)
- Unit 30 - Location Photography or Unit 25 - Studio Photography
GCSE English at grade C or above. Some experience of photography would be an advantage. GCSE average 4.0 or above including 5 C grades.
You could gain entry onto a BTEC Foundation Course in Art and Design, which leads onto degree courses in the visual arts and applied design subjects. If you achieve top marks you could move directly onto a visual arts degree course.
There will be opportunities to visit art galleries and other cultural events and you could enter your work into exhibitions. In Year 2 you can join the Creative Arts Academy to build your portfolio and work towards an extra qualification – AS Extended Project.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Leggott Sixth Form College directly.