Animal Management (Agriculture and Countryside Pathway 2nd Yr) Extended Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
This course is the top up pathway to the Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Animal Management.
In addition to animal related units you will also study farm livestock, estate skills and ecology. The pathway aims to provide you with additional knowledge and qualifications to enhance your prospects of employment or further study either directly within the animal industry or transfer to a similar industry.
- Undertake and review work related experience in land based industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the land based sector
- Business management in the landbased sector
- Understand and interpret animal behaviour and communication
- Understand the principles of animal nursing
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of avian health and management
- Understand the principles of aquatics husbandry and management
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
- Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation
NB. All units are subject to change
Completion of Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Animal Management.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
Veterinary Nurse, Veterinary reception, Animal Nursing Assistant, Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions, Zoo Keeper, Kennels and catteries, Animal Care Worker/Supervisor, Farm worker, Pet shop work, Conservation work, Dog Grooming Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.