Accountancy Apprenticeship at CWT Chamber Training
At the core of all business is Accounting, with opportunities across both public and private sectors. If you are well organised, self motivated and are able to communicate with others this could be the apprenticeship for you. Career opportunities are available in Accountancy firms and finance departments of organisations.
An Apprenticeship offers a great opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get invaluable experience in the workplace alongside study for further qualifications. You will enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working life. The progression opportunities are endless, you may become a qualified Accountant leading a finance department or owning your own business.
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be required to perform a range of tasks which could include:
- Processing Bookkeeping Transactions
- Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Basic costing
- Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Computerised accounting
- Applied business communications and personal skills
- Spreadsheet software (Level2)
- Developing study skills
- Introduction to payroll systems (Sage)
- Computerised payroll skills (Sage)
You will enjoy off the job training one day per week with the remaining four days spent working with your employer, gaining valuable experience and knowledge in the work place.
Your off the job learning will encompass:
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Maintaining journals
- Preparing and recording financial documentation
- Recording and processing financial transactions
- Banking Procedures
- Maintaining and reconciling cash books
- Maintaining control accounts
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
- Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Provide basic cost and revenue information
- Principles of costing
- Professional ethics
- Computerised accounting software
Upon successful completion of your Accountancy Apprenticeship, you will achieve the following qualifications:
- AAT Foundation Level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
In general you will need to have 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above as a minimum, including maths. You will need to be interested in working with figures, enjoy problem solving, be prepared to work hard, learn varied tasks and work effectively as part of a team and individually.
You will also need to be well organised, self-motivated and are able to communicate with others. Good numeracy skills are essential. A methodical and systematic approach to work is also an advantage.
You will undertake a mixture of training in the workplace as well as attending CWT Chamber Training's training facility one day per week to study for nationally recognised qualifications in accountancy (AAT). You will develop skills and knowledge across a range of accountancy subjects, learning from qualified Tutors who hold a wealth of experience. At the end of each module an on-line test is undertaken for which you will be fully prepared.
As an Apprenticeship is work based learning, you will develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace, spending four days per week learning on the job from experienced and knowledgeable people to complement the fifth day spent learning off the job.
You will be a paid an Apprenticeship salary by your employer, this will be agreed when you are offered a job. For those who are aged 16 - 18, Apprenticeship training is fully funded by the Government and all of the agreed costs of your learning will be met. For those aged 19+, partial funding is available. Further information will be given at the point of enquiry.
Accountancy has great career progression routes which will lead you to becoming a qualified Accountant. Starting at level 2, you can progress through to advanced level 3 and thereafter level 4 before commencing you professional studies. This is a great way to undertake Higher Education in a work based manner.
Progression pathways include:
- level 2 - Trainee Accountant
- level 3 - Junior Accountant
- level 4 - Accounting Technician
- ACCA/CIMA Accountancy Qualifications - Accountant
- Business Management Degree - Business Owner / Accounts Manager
CWT Chamber Training has a dedicated Recruitment Team who will provide you with information, advice and guidance so that you can make an informed choice about your future. Our team work closely with employers to identify job vacancies suitable for Apprentices and support you in securing a job with great prospects and learning opportunities.
During your Apprenticeship you will have:
- Excellent practical experience in the work place
- Day release to develop your knowledge in accountancy
- A designated Training Advisor to guide and support you
- A work place mentor
- Regular progress reviews with you and your work place supervisor
You can apply on-line at http://www.cwtcov.co.uk/ or call us on 024 7623 1122.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CWT Chamber Training directly.