A Level Spanish at Ruislip High School
This course is suitable for candidates who have acquired the knowledge, understanding and skills specified for GCSE Spanish at Higher tier. Candidates take two units for the Advanced Subsidiary GCE and then take a further two units to achieve the full Advanced GCE award.
The AS specification enables candidates to:
- develop an understanding of spoken and written Spanish beyond GCSE;
- communicate effectively in Spanish in a variety of registers;
- develop knowledge of and critical insights into the culture, heritage and contemporary society of Spain or a Spanish speaking country.
In addition, the Advanced GCE specification enables candidates to:
- study and understand in greater depth aspects of the culture, heritage and contemporary society of Spain or a Spanish speaking country;
- use Spanish to analyse, hypothesise, evaluate, persuade and justify in both speech and writing;
- transfer meaning from English into Spanish and vice versa.
SPA2T/V 30% Oral Examination
SPAN1 70% Listening, Reading and Writing Examination
SPAN3 30% Oral Examination
SPA4T/V 70% Listening, Reading and Writing Examination
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ruislip High School directly.