Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 2 Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
The course will be ideal for those who can see the new horizons and potential in Liverpool and its urban regeneration as a result of its post Capital of Culture status, retail and visitor destination developments and huge city wide growth in tourism.
The work carried out on the programme is very closely related to Business Studies and this is reflected in the core units which relate to the UK tourism market, customer service and world tourism market. The specialist units are selected to reflect a range of learning and to allow learners to have transferable skills.
The course is intended mainly for students aged 16-18, who want broad-based vocational preparation for employment in the Travel & Tourism industry or for further study.
Core Units - all three units must be covered
• Unit 1: The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
• Unit 2 :Understanding Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
• Unit 3: Understanding the Nature and Effects of World Travel
Specialist units – the following units as listed below
• Unit 4 Development of the UK Travel and Tourism Sector
• Unit 5 Developing Customer Service Skills in Travel and Tourism
• Unit 6 UK Tourism Destinations
• Unit 7 European Holiday Destinations
• Unit 8 Worldwide Holiday Destinations
• Unit 10 Marketing Unit
• Unit 11 Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
• Unit 13 Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit
Applicants who are 16-18 will need two GCSEs grade C or above or equivalent. Applicants who are 19+ will also be considered. If English and maths are not at C or above, you will need to have at least level 1 (GCSE D-E standard) and be working towards level 2. Internal applicants progressing from level 1 will need to discuss their prior achievements with the tutor. All potential candidates will be assessed prior to enrolment onto the programme. All applicants will need to complete a satisfactory initial assessment and interview.
With distinction / merit grades in the six subjects, a student could progress to the BTEC National qualifications in Travel and Tourism or other related level 3 qualifications. A successful candidate could move on to take industry specific qualifications. Students can also go directly into employment or move onto another level 2 in a related vocational area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.