Animal Care – Level 1 Diploma at Sparsholt College
If you have a keen interest in working with animals, this course is for you. You’ll enjoy a mixture of practical lessons to help you develop animal handling techniques and classroom based work where you’ll gain the relevant knowledge.
Sparsholt students also benefit from visits to a range of animal collections, such as Bristol Zoo and the Cotswold Wildlife Park, and the opportunity to hear from people already working with animals at the annual Speakers’ Day, giving valuable industry insight.Topics Covered
• Animal handling and health
• Health and safety
• Animal feeding and accommodation
• Animals in the wild and in society
• Developing team working and personal skills
Two or more GCSEs at grade E.
• Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care
• Kennel and cattery worker
• Dog walker
• Pet shop assistant
• Animal care assistant
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.