Design and Technology: Textiles A level at Heathcote School & Science College
- Unit 1: Materials, Components and Application
- Unit 2: Learning Through Designing and Making
- Unit 3: Design and Manufacture
- Unit 4: Design and Making Practice
- Designing and manufacturing a high quality Textiles product.
- Producing sketch books showing research, development, experimentation and refinement.
- Improving knowledge of the arts and design.
- Working to deadlines and studying the theory of Textiles.
- Educational visits.
- Developing a portfolio
To study Design and Technology: Product Design (Textiles) you will need 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C including English, Mathematics and Textiles GCSE.
Textiles A Level can lead to employment, or university study, in a variety of fields including:
- interior design,
- other Textiles product design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heathcote School & Science College directly.