History: 16th century A Level at Oasis Academy Brightstowe
The A level history course has been designed to help you understand the value and significance of world events in the past. In the process you will gain a deeper understanding of social, cultural, religious and ethnic diversity. Knowing how people lived in the past helps to understand why people act like they do today. History encourages you to think critically about a range of issues that are significant in today’s society.
- The Tudors: England, 1485–1603: This topic covers the reigns of the Tudor monarchs from Henry VII to Elizabeth I and analyses their impact on England
- The Reformation in Europe, c1500–1564: This topic analyses the impact of the new Protestant ideas in Europe from Luther to Calvin, Zwingli and more.
- The French Revolution: An historical enquiry based on one of the most significant turning points of the last 200 years (coursework).
NOTE: AS level covers the first two topics but with a reduced chronology
- Teacher-led activities, group work, discussion, personal research and debate.
- There will also be fieldwork.
History can be studied at most universities, either as a single subject or as part of a combination with for example economics, politics, English or a foreign language. For certain subjects such as law, archaeology and journalism, history may be a requirement. History is also good for careers in publishing, journalism, the media, the civil service, politics, industry and commerce.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oasis Academy Brightstowe directly.