Barbering Level 2 VRQ at The City of Liverpool College
The course is designed for people working in a barber’s at least two days a week who want to have a recognised qualification which may lead to further job opportunities in the barbering industry. Applicants must have a mature attitude and be able to self study.
You will complete units in:
- Working in the hair industry.
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client consultation for hair services.
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Cut men’s hair
- Cut facial hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Create an Image based on a theme within the Hair Beauty Sector
- Scalp Massage
It will be necessary for you at times to provide your own models. In addition you will need to compile a portfolio of evidence. The portfolio supports your practical expertise and shows that you understand the theoretical concepts behind the practical tasks that you are able to carry out. In addition you will need to compile a portfolio of evidence. The portfolio supports your practical expertise and shows that you understand the theoretical concepts behind the practical tasks that you are able to carry out. You will also have the opportunity to gather evidence for your portfolio from your work days in the salon.
No formal entry requirements. Applicants will need to be enthusiastic and will be required to gain a placement in a barbering shop or working in a unisex salon. It is essential that applicants demonstrate an appropriate level on inter-personal skills at interview as this is a customer focused industry. You will need English and Maths at Level 1 or equivalent. All applicants must have a two day placement in a Barber’s shop.
VRQ Diploma Level 3 in Barbering.
Occupations related to this course:
- Product, clothing or related designer
- Tailor or dressmaker
- Textile, garment or related trade n.e.c.
- Hairdresser or barber
- Beautician or related occupation
- Merchoriser or window dresser
- Textile process operative
- Sewing machinist
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.