Creative and Digital Media - Interactive Media Pathway Advanced Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
This Apprenticeship covers new entrant roles in a range of sectors, including Photography, Animation, Interactive Media, Film and Radio. As well as these traditional areas this Apprenticeship covers the growing role of digital technologies in changing the way that media content is shared and enjoyed by audiences.
The nature of your Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship will depend on your employer. The aim of the qualification is to develop digitally aware and work-ready employees who are multi-skilled and can work cross-platform.
This Apprenticeship framework has been developed by creative industries and presents exciting career opportunities for new entrants.
As an apprentice, you could work for a Creative and Digital Media industries firm or a business that uses Digital Media in part of its operations. You and your employer will be able to tailor your Apprenticeship programme, selecting a combination of options including Radio Production, Editing, Interactive Media, Audio-Visual Journalism, Camerawork, Photo Imaging.
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Trainee/Assistant Photographer
- Broadcast Assistant
- Animation Assistant
- Junior Designer
- Digital Assistant
As a Creative and Digital Media Apprentice you will cover a range of creative work which may include:
- Creative Thinking
- Design Development
- Interactive Media / Animation and Film
- Radio Production
- Audio Visual Editing
- Media Production
As part of your Level 3 Design Apprenticeship you will study:
- Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Creative and Digital Media
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Creative and Digital Media
- Functional Skills - Level 2 English, Maths and ICT
- Applicants may have prior experience or qualifications in any of the creative industries, supported by a portfolio of evidence, but this is not mandatory as training providers and employers will use interview and initial assessment to ensure that applicants have a fair opportunity to demonstrate their ability.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C r above is highly desirable. GCSE ICT or Functional Skills Level 2 ICT would be an advantage.
- On the Apprenticeship you come into College on a day release basis, one day a week during term time, and you need to be working in a relevant work environment for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
After successful completion of the Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship or progress onto a variety of higher level qualifications e.g. Foundation Degree and Degree Level Awards.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.