Physics AS/A2 at The Sele School
The course will develop their interest in and enthusiasm for the subject, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with Physics.
- The specification uses a content-led approach
- Retains and refreshes the popular topics from the current OCR Physics A qualification.
- Content is laid out clearly in a series of teaching modules with additional guidance added where required to clarify assessment requirements
- Clearly identifies practical endorsement requirements
- The new AS Level is now a standalone qualification, and the content remains co-teachable with the A Level qualification.
Entry into The Sele School Sixth Form is dependent on meeting a GCSE, OCRN or BTEC equivalent exam entry requirement of 5 A* – C grades, with a minimum of a C grade in the subjects that they wish to continue at AS level. Students who wish to study a subject which has not previously been studied will be admitted according to the 5 A* – C ruling. However, consultation will take place between the Head of Sixth Form and Deputy Head (Curriculum) where a student has failed to meet the GCSE entry requirement but has shown a serious intention to continue their education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sele School directly.