Business and Administration - Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
During your apprenticeship you will work as part of a team to ensure the provision of information and resources to others.
Your job will include the following:
- Communication in a business environment
- Understand employer organisations
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
As part of your apprenticeship you will cover the following:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional skills Level 1 in maths
- Functional skills Level 1 in English
- Functional skills Level 1 in ICT
You will need to be aged 16 years and over to apply for the apprenticeship programme. As this is a work-based qualification you must be employed in an administrative role and working a minimum of 16 hours per week.
The applicant will undertake a diagnostic assessment at Level 1 for both maths and English and a free writing exercise prior to enrolment. You will be required to achieve a score of 50% or above in both subjects to ensure a place on the apprenticeship programme.
If you have passed maths and English GCSE with a grade A* to E or functional/key skills at Level 1, you will be required to evidence this with certificate/s which will then result in exemption from undertaking the maths and English functional skill qualification within the apprenticeship framework.
You are required to produce a portfolio of evidence on our online e-portfolio, which will contain a variety of assessments covering the criteria stipulated by the awarding body to cover the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF).
Assessments may include:
- Observations held in the working environment
- Reflective accounts
- Witness statements
- Activity based work books
- Work products
Assessments will be planned with an assessor prior to the assessment taking place.
You will be required to complete an online test for both functional skills elements.
By achieving the programme it will provide you with the skills to allow you to:
- Communicate effectively
- Accept responsibility for your own work
- Improve your own performance
- Behave in a way that encourages efficient working
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.