Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horticulture at Newton Rigg College
This course is studied at Newton Rigg or The Lakeland Horticultural Society
Holehird Gardens, based at Windermere. The course involves
lectures, practical skills, site visits, personal research and project
work. The course content offers a professional level of
knowledge and understanding of modern horticulture. The
superb facilities at Holehird Gardens enable you to put in to
practice what you learn in the classroom.
• Principles and practices of landscape garden design
• Historical influences on the development of gardens
• Maintain plant propagation activities
• Identification, selection and use of ornamental plants
• Principles of plant and soil science
• Undertake an investigative project in the
Normally four GCSEs at grade C or above (which should include English, Maths and Science as applicable to the individual course), or an equivalent Level 2 qualification at a suitable grade.
Each unit will be continually assessed throughout the course
with a programme of assignments spread throughout the year
For financial information please contact 01768 893400 or email email@example.com
A further Level 3 course.
A variety of opportunities in garden design, some of
which may require Level 3 qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newton Rigg College directly.