Accessibility links

Professional Food & Beverage Service VRQ Level 1 at Harrogate College

Course description

During this 1 year course you will learn and develop skills needed to work in a Front of House environment. You will have the opportunity to gain a qualification covering a range of food and bar service.

Course content

The course will cover:

• Introduction to the Hospitality
• Customer Service in the Hospitality Industry
• Serving Food
• Preparing and Serving Drinks
• Front Office Operations
• Hygiene, Health and Safety

Students will be involved with locating a 3 week work placement within the industry, where skills and knowledge will be assessed on the job.

Entry requirements

There are no formal entry requirements however it is recommended you have 3 GCSEs grade C

Future opportunities

Those students who are successful at Level 1 may then move onto the Level 2 qualification in Food and Beverage Service.

How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 15 April 2016
Provider logo

Key information


  • More information
    • Harrogate College offers you a wide range of exciting courses to enable you to reach your career potential. The College has a reputation of offering a range of vocational opportunities meaning that you can choose a course that’s right for you, which will develop skills that today’s employers are looking for.

      Working with local businesses and organisations provides students with the opportunity to work on live projects to demonstrate ‘real’ work experience and develop your Curriculum Vitae as well as gain a nationally recognised qualification.

      The College provides outstanding student support including careers advice, course information, guidance and support, and counselling, there is always someone available to listen and help you. Harrogate College also offers a range of social activities designed to help you make the most of your leisure time while you study at the College.