Applied ICT OCR - AS & A2 Level at The Boswells School
This qualification provides a more vocational perspective where students develop all the necessary skills required in ICT. The course also offers students the chance to personalise their path of study and obtain a qualification that meets both their individual aptitudes and interests. Prior study of the subject at GCSE level may be of benefit but it is not essential. Students will:
- Develop project management skills and an understanding of the need to work with others.
- Develop a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational contexts, as a basis for progression into further learning in ICT-related fields, including progression from AS to A2;
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems within a range of organisations;
- Develop an understanding of the main principles of solving problems using ICT and develop the skills necessary to apply this understanding.
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of ICT and use skills (eg planning, research, evaluation, problem solving) in vocational contexts;
- Develop an understanding of the impact of information systems on organisations’ personnel, policies and practices;
The Advanced GCE is made up of three mandatory units at AS and three further units at A2.
The skills, knowledge and understanding required for the second half of an advanced GCE course are contained in the ‘A2’ units. The level of performance expected, therefore, reflects the more demanding Advanced GCE material, including the higher-level concepts and a requirement to draw together knowledge and skills from across the course. The precise pattern across AS and A2 reflects the nature of individual subjects.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Boswells School directly.