English Language & Literature Edexcel A Level at St Bernard's High School
Component 1: Voices in Speech and Writing:
- This will involve wide reading and exploration of the role of the writer’s ‘voice’ in non-fiction texts, making connections between texts as well as evaluating the significance and influence of context.
- Students will also study one literary drama text, giving them the opportunity to explore how writers create different voices within a literary genre.
Component 2: Varieties in Language and Literature:
- This unit involves the study of two literary texts linked by theme. Students will also study a wide range of unseen non-fiction texts.
Component 3: Investigating and Creating texts:
- This unit requires the production of two writing pieces – one fiction and one non-fiction – and one analytical commentary.
- Point 6 in GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature.
- Two examinations (June) and one internally assessed coursework portfolio (April)
- This course will suit those who enjoy reading and critically exploring a wide range of spoken and written texts.
- Accurate and coherent written expression is essential for the A level’s creative writing component.
Communications, Media, Performing Arts, Journalism. BA Hons English Literature, Humanities, English Law, English Linguistics, English Education and Drama.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bernard's High School directly.