Accessibility links

*English GCSE at The Westwood Academy (West Coventry Sixth Form)

Course content

All pupils will take a course in English leading to GCSE for entry at the end of Year 10.

The course seeks to develop a pupil's ability to communicate effectively orally, to develop their ideas through writing accurate Standard English, and to read fluently.

Pupils who need to improve their grade will continue with this subject into Year 11.

Assessment

Assessment is through coursework and terminal examination.

Coursework is completed during the course and accounts for 40% of the final mark.The remaining 60% is provided by two examination papers in June 2009, at the end of Year 10.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Westwood Academy (West Coventry Sixth Form) directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown
  • Duration: 52 Weeks - 104 Weeks

Venues