Barbering Techniques Level 1 Diploma at Walsall College
This course is ideal for students who have a passion for the industry and would like to study a specialist course which enables junior barbers to complete the necessary framework of units and credits required for career progression and/or the next qualification
Students will be undertaking work experience within our commercial Graduate Hairdressing Salon. You will gain practical skills in the training salon, and undertake theoretical skills required for theory underpinning knowledge.
4 GCSEs at Grades D to G (including a curriculum-related subject). Or successful completion of a Level 1 related qualification. All learners must have some prior experience in the hairdressing industry to undertake the cutting and colouring units.
Your timetable will consist of the following sessions:
- Commercial hairdressing salon time
- Cutting & technical workshops
- Theory workshop
- Tutorial and one to ones
- Functional Skills / GCSE in English and Maths (16/18 learner)
- Assignment and on-line testing
- You will be assessed by completing assignments, group discussions, practical hairdressing tasks, and online tests
Level 3 Barbering course - full time or apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walsall College directly.