Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles IMIAL Diploma Level 3 at Southampton City College
This course is designed to build on the knowledge from the level 2 Diploma, focusing on diagnostic techniques and introduces you to more vehicle systems. Units include engine technology, electrical and electronic fault finding, transmission, steering and suspension systems.
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of transmission and driveline faults
- Level 2 Motor Vehicle qualification (including Level 2 English and maths functional skills)
- Work in garages and workshops
- Higher education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.