Btec Level 3 Extended Diploma Performance And Excellence Rugby at St John Rigby College
The Performance and Excellence Rugby strand will focus on all aspects of both codes of the game. This course will develop you academically as well as in a playing capacity to fulfil your potential. It will give you the opportunity to explore a range of associated
career pathways from physiotherapy to rugby coaching by undertaking the Rugby Level 1 Coaching Award. This will allow you to progress academically and can create routes to University. You may wish to explore our links with the University of Gloucestershire,
who are currently playing Rugby League in the
Kingstone Press Championship.
- Fitness training and programming for an elite rugby player
- Fitness testing for an elite rugby player
- The physiology of fitness for the elite rugby player
- Nutritional requirements of a professional player
- Exercise, health and lifestyle requirements for an elite rugby player
- The lifestyle of an elite rugby player
- Practical rugby assessment
- Technical and tactical skills
- Assessing risk as a rugby coach
- Instructing physical activity and exercise for an elite rugby player
- The psychology for a rugby performance
- Anatomy and physiology of an elite rugby player
- Identifying and treating common injuries in rugby
- Sports massage requirements of a rugby player
- Rugby coaching
- Analysis of a rugby performance
- Talent identification and development in rugby
- Rules, regulations and officiating in rugby
- Organising a rugby festival.
College entry (please refer to the Entry Requirements section page 24 for further details).
100% Portfolio and skill assessment.
On completion of this course you can progress to Higher Education. You may choose to use the qualification as a stepping stone to university, ultimately aiming to work within Teaching, Coaching or Sports Development, or find employment at junior management level in rugby, general leisure facilities, or within the sports retail sector.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.