Health & Social Care Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
You will need to choose a pathway which relates to your workplace. There are three pathways; Generic, Dementia or Learning Disabilities.
There are five components to the apprenticeship:
1. Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 2): optional units to meet business needs
- Communication in health & social care settings
- Personal development in health & social care settings
- Equality and Inclusion in health & social care settings
- Duty of care in health & social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches in health & social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health & social care settings
Further optional units will need to be completed to achieve this qualification.
2. Technical Certificate: Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (Level 2)
3. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 1
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
This training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within a care environment. You must be aged 16 or over with GCSEs A*-D in Maths and English.
This training programme is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace. There are also regular off the job workshops held at Farnborough College of Technology.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.