Physical Education A Level at Christ the King Sixth Form College - St Mary's
PE fits in well alongside a range of other subjects and uses a range of learning styles to deliver the varied content in both class and practical sessions.
Theory – In the first part of the course you will study:
- The application of anatomical and physiological knowledge to improve performance
- Acquiring, performing and teaching movement skills
- The role of PE and Sport in modern society.
Practical – You will develop practical skills to improve:
- Your ability to perform, coach or officiate in two sports chosen from a range of activities
- Your ability to observe and analyse the performances of others and comment on their strengths and weaknesses.
Theory – In the second part of the course you will study:
- The history of PE and Sport
- The psychology of sport performance, exercise and sport
- The response of the body to performance and training.
Practical – You will further develop the practical skills in one of the activities that you were assessed for in the first year and complete written coursework on the analysis of performance.
GCSE English (A*–C) and GCSE Science (A*–C). GCSE PE is preferable, but not essential. Students should be playing sport to a high standard.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Christ the King Sixth Form College - St Mary's directly.