Playwork Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Brooklands College
An apprenticeship in Playwork will develop your employability skills and provide you with valuable skills and experience working in a Playwork setting.
You will be working in a playwork setting, this can include after school clubs; your exact duties will depend on your employer. Your duties will include providing a safe and stimulating environment in which children can play.
You must be working in a playwork environment, typically working a minimum of 30 hours per week (including training time) Apprentices will need a contract of employment (if working less than 30 hours per week apprentices must work a minimum of 16 hours per week, and the overall apprenticeship length will be extended pro rata).
Advanced Apprenticeship in Playwork
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ) (QCF)
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (QCF)
- Level 2 English and Mathematics Functional Skills/GCSE
Mandatory units include:
- Understand Playwork Principles
- Understand Children and young people’s self-directed play
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people.
Optional units can include:
- Work with colleagues in a playwork team
- Engage with parents, carers and families in a play environment
- Administer playwork provision
If you have not achieved a C or above at GCSE Maths and English you will need to complete Functional Skills.
You will need to demonstrate an interest in working with Children. All applicants for apprenticeship training will be required to attend an interview and undertake initial assessments. All successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check through their employer.
An assessor will assess you in your work place environment providing ongoing
support to compile your portfolio of evidence.
You will need to complete Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English. These
are assessed through external examinations.
As an experienced playworker, you may become a community play leader
or be able to progress to a supervisor or management job. You could also
become self-employed and set up one or more after-school clubs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooklands College directly.