Fashion and Apparel Level 3 Apprenticeship (ADF1) at Barnsley College
As a fashion and textiles apprentice you will gain technical knowledge and real practical experience by working within a creative manufacturing company. You will work closely with creative professionals learning on the job, working on real projects for clients and you may work across several disciplines depending on your employer.
You will study all of the units listed below which relate to your job role. You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Booklet
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Units of study
- Pattern technology
- Manual lay planning
- Managing fashion product development
- Design analysis & fashion trends in the ready to wear market
- Professional practice
- Quality testing materials in the fashion industry
- Creating virtual samples-draping
- Producing patterns by modelling
- Garment technology
- Taking measurements and constructing basic blocks
- Relating fabrics to style and planning lays
- Producing complete patterns
- Soft furnishing
- Surface furnishing
- Fashion design: illustration techniques
- Fashion design research and presentation
- Four GCSEs at grade A*-C
- You will need to be at least 16 years of age
- You need to be employed within the design and creative industry or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in college and in your place of work.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
Upon completion you could progress onto further study relating to your role or apply for job roles including:
•Bespoke Pattern Cutter (Manual / CAD)
•Production Pattern Cutter
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.