Introduction to Hair and Beauty Level 1 at Isle of Wight College
Anyone wishing to gain an introduction to the world of Hair and Beauty Therapy, that may wish to take up a junior position in the industry or progress to Level 2 in Hair or Beauty.
Skills and knowledge that are needed to start a career in Hair and Beauty. Subjects include: Literacy and Numeracy to support you in the workplace, provide basic manicure, pedicure, skin care, make-up, shampoo and conditioning, styling women and mens hair and how to assist and support a Beauty Therapist or Hair Stylist.
The introduction to Hair and Beauty Therapy skills also includes learning about professional presentation, improving your own learning, health and safety in the workplace, and presenting a professional image within a salon.
Students should have at least one of the following:
- 3 GCSE’s grade E or above including English
- Entry level or level 1 qualification in a relevant subject. In addition you would require at least GCSE English at E or Entry Level 3 Functional Skills English
- Current College students would be expected to have successfully completed their former study with the College including key/functional skills
- Good attendance and report from school or previous course
The course is delivered by specialist staff, which possess industry experience along with specialist qualifications. Teaching sessions incorporate a mixture of activities to ensure students develop skills and knowledge.
Students are assessed through a combination of internally assessed coursework, practical skills and externally assessed examinations. This helps students to develop core skills required for the industry which include the ability to meet deadlines and retention of knowledge as well as application of skills.
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Level 2 Nails & Make up Technology
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- Level 2 Hair and Media Make-Up
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.