ICT BTEC Level 3 (Single) at La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary School
The course will appeal to those students who:
- have an interest in how a business operates
- have an interest in how computer systems and networks can be set up and managed
- enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experiences
- would like to do a subject that offers opportunities for a career in business or IT
- would like to learn how to make Business decisions and solve business problems
To help you decide whether this course subject is for you, consider the questions below. As a result you might feel that the course is not for you or it definitely is for you. Alternatively, the questions might stimulate you to do further research or test out trying something new. If you have any further questions, please email www.LaSWAP.camden.sch.uk who will link you with the relevant subject specialist.
- Why are you choosing a business course? Why are you choosing an ICT course?
- What recent news in the business or technology world has interested you?
- What do you think makes a successful business?
YEAR 12 COURSE SPECIFICATION
1st year ICT Units:
- Unit 2: Creating systems to manage information
- Unit 3: Using social media in business
2nd year ICT Units:
- Unit 1: Information technology systems
- Unit 5: Data modelling
Unit 1: Written examination set and marked by Pearson
Unit 2: A task set and marked by Pearson and completed under supervised conditions. The supervised assessment period is ten hours.
All other units: Coursework
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to progress to a degree in a business or IT discipline or a degree where Business/IT related skills and knowledge may be advantageous.
The qualification is aimed at progression to higher education but also enables leaners to develop knowledge and skills needed for entry-level roles related to IT (including vocational apprenticeship roles and trainee/entry-level roles such as a social media specialist, web/content developer, or business analyst) or to business (junior business roles in marketing, administration, finance, events management, HR, marketing and other related areas in the business sector, including higher apprenticeships).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary School directly.