Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
Anyone thinking of a career in Beauty Therapy, a passion and interest for the industry.
As a society we are becoming more aware of the need to take better care of ourselves. As a result there is an increasing demand for professional therapists. Beauty therapists are concerned with improving people’s physical appearance and well being, either through offering treatments for the face and body to recommending special products. All students will attend 3 days a week. A high level of attendance is essential to achieve this course.
Skills and knowledge that are needed to start a career in beauty. Subjects include: Functional skills in Maths, English or IT, Cosmetic Make-up, Facial Skincare treatments, Lash and Brow treatments, Manicure and Pedicure and Waxing Techniques. All these subjects are supported with relevant Anatomy, Physiology and assignment work. The emphasis during the course is on developing the theory and practical skills, which students will gain working with external clientele. In addition students will learn the fundamentals of customer services, promotional activities and health and safety.
Students should have at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSE’s at grade D or above including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Beauty qualification. In addition you would require at least GCSE English at D or Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Work experience within the Beauty industry would be desirable
- Current college students should have completed their main qualification including Maths and English with an attendance above 88% with a good report
Typical employment prospects in the beauty industry will include: Airlines, Beauty Therapist at a salon, Cruise ships, Health farms, Television and Theatre, Make-up Artistry.
Related courses for future study:
- VRQ diploma in beauty therapy level three
- GCSE Business
- GCSE English
- Complementary Therapies
- Nail technology level three
- Gel polish
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.