Customer Service Apprenticeship (Level 2 Intermediate and Level 3 Advanced) at Blackburn College
Good customer service is key to the success of any business or organisation. It's one of those useful skills that is used in all sorts of industries and covers all the extras that make a customer's experience better. As a Customer Service Apprentice you will probably work at the front end of an employer's business activities and regularly assist customers. In most cases you'll be making sure that customers are dealt with in a positive, reliable and pleasant way.
If you are aged 16-24, and you don't think you have the necessary 'work-ready' skills, we also offer Traineeships. Our 8 week courses provide the essential work preparation training, English, maths and work experience needed to secure your place on an Apprenticeship.
Selection of units from the Customer Service Apprenticeship:
- Prepare yourself to deliver good customer service (mandatory)
- Provide customer service within the rules (mandatory)
- Recognise and deal with customer requests, queries and problems
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and the organisation
- Make customer service personal
- Go the extra mile in customer service
- Deal with customers in writing using ICT
- Deal with customers by telephone
Minimum Grade D in English and Maths at GCSE. You will have an initial assessment when you come in for an interview, and this will show the level of English and maths qualifications, known as functional skills, that you will study alongside your apprenticeship.
Blackburn College will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible. However we always advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to be actively seeking employment for themselves too.
You will be assessed in one or more of the following ways:
- Course work
- Oral questioning
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration/assignment
- Practical examination
- Written examination
Once you have completed the Intermediate Apprenticeship you will be equipped with the necessary skills and qualifications required for working within a customer focussed environment leading to a variety of employment opportunities. Advanced Apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
- A Higher Level Apprenticeship programme in Contact Centre Management, Business & Professional Administration or Leadership & Management, Further or Higher Education courses in Customer Service, Business and other qualifications. Foundation Degrees in Contact Centres, Retail Management, Business Management, Hospitality or a range of Customer Service, Sales, Business related and other undergraduate programmes
- A range of Customer Service and other Professional Qualifications, including Level 4 Diploma in Customer Service Management, Level 4 Diploma in Contact Centres, or a Foundation Degree in Contact Centre Management.
With additional training, Advanced Apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including Senior Customer Service Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, and a range of other senior customer service related roles.
The Level 2 Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to progress on to the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Retail Operations. From organising displays to learning the crucial aspects of management, the skills gained form this Apprenticeship are transferable to all retail companies. The UK Retail sector is vibrant and offers many opportunities for early career progression.
On completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship, apprentices will be competent to work as a Team leader/Supervisor, Store Manager or Department Manager. Following further training and development, you may wish to progress to more senior roles such as Area Managers or into specialist areas such as learning and development or warehousing. You will also be able to move into Higher Education and will be able to apply for a range of University courses. Many students progress on to Foundation Degrees at University Centre at Blackburn College. In particular, students progress on to Retail Management Foundation Degree FdA or Business Foundation Degree FdA.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.