ICT AS/A Level at Ysgol Emrys Ap Iwan
The course provides opportunities for candidates to gain a broad appreciation of the skills, understanding and knowledge inherent in Information and Communication Technology within the world in which we live. The full A’ level comprises of four units which are assessed by a combination of coursework task, examination papers and project work.
AS Unit Titles
ICT1 Information Systems (Examination)
ICT2 Presenting Information (Coursework)
A2 Unit Titles
ICT3 Use and Impact of ICT (Examination)
ICT4 Relational Databases (Project)
A GCSE in ICT is preferred, but students with a GCSE in a similar subject may be considered.
AS% A% ICT1 Information System 60 30 ICT2 Presenting Information 40 20 ICT3 Use and Impact of ICT - 30 ICT4 Relational Databases - 20
This course provides a suitable foundation for the study of ICT or a related area through a range of higher education courses, vocational courses (e.g. Information Technology, Information Systems, Business and Computing) or direct entry into employment. In addition, the specification provides a coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study for candidates who do not progress to further study in this subject.
This course encourages candidates to become discerning users of ICT, developing a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge and understanding of ICT.
Specifically, it encourages candidates to develop:
- the capacity for thinking creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically;
- the skills to work collaboratively;
- the ability to apply skills, knowledge and understanding of ICT in a range of contexts to solve problems;
- an understanding of the consequences of using ICT on individuals, organisations and society and of social, legal, ethical and other considerations on the use of ICT;
- an awareness of emerging technologies and an appreciation of the potential impact these may have on individuals, organisations and society.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Emrys Ap Iwan directly.