Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services at Ashton Sixth Form College
This is a two-year course providing a specialist work-related programme of study. It will give you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and investigate a wide range of aspects, from the cause of war to emergency planning.
You will also undertake a series of water and land-based activities which include climbing and canoeing.
Government and Politics
- You will develop an understanding of the voting system and the differing levels of government that operate in this country
Team Development and Leadership
- Looks at how teams develop and the importance of good leadership
- What does it mean to be a good citizen?
War and Conflict
- The causes of war and conflict are investigated along with the impacts on the public services
Physical Preparation and Fitness Testing
- These two units look at different training methods and the principles of fitness. You will complete a number of fitness tests and be required to undertake a training programme
- Investigating the different psychological approaches to behaviour
Minimum 4 Grade Cs at GCSE or Equivalent
Grade D — GCSE English Language or Maths
Public Services students progress onto a wide variety of degrees and careers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashton Sixth Form College directly.