Art & Design BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Lambeth College
You will study the following topics:
- Researching art, craft and design from contemporary, historical and cultural sources to inform and inspire your work
- 2D techniques in drawing, painting, photography and print-making
- 3D techniques in construction, modelling, carving and casting
- Working to art and design briefs to meet specific client needs
- Creating a portfolio to act as a vehicle for supporting an application to employment or further study
- The art and design industry and employment opportunities available
- Researching and developing visual arts ideas from a self-defined or given brief
- Working with 3D design crafts briefs such as jewellery and accessories, mixed media, woodwork, plastics and ceramics
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at D grade or above, or an equivalent vocational qualification at Level 1, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
You will need to provide a portfolio of your recent art and design work and a reference.
You should be committed to art practice and have a disciplined and professional approach to your work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.