Painting and Decorating Level 2 Diploma at City College Plymouth
You've already learned the first steps in painting and decorating and have had plenty of practice. Now, because you might be soon employed on larger commercial developments or on smaller-scale domestic properties, we aim to introduce you to the planning, organisational and practical skills to complete projects as well as helping you to advance your hands-on technical skills. This course will give you everything you need to start work in the industry as a fully qualified painter and decorator.
The main subjects covered are:
- storing materials and equipment
- preparing the work areas
- applying paint materials by brush and roller
- spraying water-borne coating using HVLP spraying equipment
- applying wallcoverings
- producing decorative effects (marbling, wood graining, stencilling and basic artexing techniques).
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades D - F (including English and science)
- an intermediate GNVQ
- a BTEC first diploma
- an NVQ Level 1/technical certificate.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions by practical projects, knowledge assignments and questions. There is an external end test and health and safety test on completion of all units.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 3 course in painting and decorating at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- employment as a fully qualified painter and decorator to increase your site experience.
- See more at: http://www.cityplym.ac.uk/courses/painting-and-decorating-2#sthash.YhR2z5uq.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.