Storage & Warehousing Level 2 Apprenticeship at Strode College
Our broad range of Business and Finance Apprenticeships provide opportunities to learn about and develop in different key roles and departments within business. You may focus on a specific discipline such as accounting, administration, customer service or marketing, or develop your career through a more general management route. Either way, the training that you receive will give you the knowledge and skills that you need to thrive in the range of business environments.
This Apprenticeship covers the movement and storage of goods and is an essential part of logistics operations. Your duties will depend on your employer, but you could:
- Operate specialist machinery to get things onto, and down from, high storage spaces
- Improve your spatial awareness, so that you can quickly and efficiently load objects of different shapes and sizes
- Learn about keeping some goods at low temperatures
- Manage stock
- Audit inventory
- Keep equipment in good working order
- Process returned goods
- Manage the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- Maintain the safety of hazardous goods and materials.
You’ll also learn how to maintain health and safety and work towards a certificate in logistics and transport.
Each Apprenticeship Framework includes its own specific qualifications for the role and area of business that you work in, but all Apprenticeship Frameworks include Functional Skills in English and Maths and Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
The level of Apprenticeship you can undertake will depend on your current skills and qualifications and the role offered by the employer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Strode College directly.