Business Studies at Overton Grange School
A2 Theme 1:
Marketing and people
• meeting customer needs
• the market
• marketing mix and strategy
• managing people
• entrepreneurs and leaders.
A2 Theme 2: Managing the business environment
• raising finance
• financial planning
• managing finance
• resource management
• external influences.
A2 Theme 3: Business decisions and strategy
• business objectives and strategy
• business growth
• decision-making techniques
• influences on business decisions
• assessing competitiveness
• Managing change.
A2 Unit 4: Global business
• global markets and business expansion
• global marketing
• global industries and companies
All students meeting the Sixth Form entry criteria (5 GCSEs at A*-C) will be considered. It is useful but not essential to have studied Business before.
• A knowledge of business is useful in all careers, including advertising, banking, accountancy, logistics, management, marketing, personnel, public relations, retail
and sales. You could go on to run your own company or work for any organisation.
• Many students continue onto related Higher Education courses. Students have secured places on courses including marketing, international business management, accounting and finance, economics, business enterprise development, business
and politics, hospitality management and management science. In recent years students have gone on to study related courses at the universities of Sussex, Southampton, Loughborough, Aston, Brighton, Kingston, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Sheffield Hallam.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Overton Grange School directly.
Last updated date: 12 September 2016