Sport (Industry) Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to learn about the sport and leisure industries, whilst developing your fitness and sporting skills? This course gives you an insight into the industry, as well as introducing sports science subjects, fitness training and exercise programming. It also involves plenty of practical and coaching activities.
If you would like to learn about the sport and leisure industries, whilst developing your fitness and sporting skills, then this course is right for you. It will give you an insight into the industry, as well as introducing sports science subjects, fitness training and exercise programming. It also involves plenty of practical and coaching activities.
The course will be studied 2 days per week in a work placement and 2 days per week in college.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above; or
- A relevant Level 1 qualification, such as Sport and Public Services Level 1 at Merit or Distinction grade.
- You will be required to attend an interview to demonstrate your enthusiasm and discuss your career goals.
- You will need to have a standard level of literacy and numeracy, as well as a good standard of physical fitness.
- You must successfully pass the interview, showing commitment, enthusiasm and respect for the course.
- You must also provide a suitable academic and sport reference.
- You must also provide a suitable DBS check for work experience, which costs £44.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The NVQ is assessed via our new eportfolio online assessment system.
Completion of this course will provide you with various options in employment and education.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Public Services Level 3, available at:
Sport (Outdoor Adventure) Level 3, available at:
Sport (Performance and Excellence) Level 3, available at:
Sport (Sport and Exercise Science) Level 3, available at:
Sport (Sports Coaching, Development and Fitness) Level 3, available at:
If you wish to move directly into employment, you will have a number of options in the public and private sectors. You could enter the leisure or fitness industries, the health and fitness industry, the armed forces or the emergency services. You could also try to pursue a career as a professional or semi-professional athlete.Career opportunities
- Exercise Physiologist
- Fitness Centre Manager
- Outdoor Activities Instructor
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Equipment Development & Research
- Sports Therapist
- Sport & Exercise Psychologist
Programme code: 0801A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.