Fabrication and Welding Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) at Alliance Learning
The programme consists of the following five areas:
1.Level 3 Diploma in Fabrication & Welding.
2.Technical Certificate Level 3 in Fabrication & Welding.
3. Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT
4. Employment Responsibilities and Rights (ERR)
5. PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills)
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS: Independent Enquiry, Creative Thinking, ReflectiveLearning, Team Working, Self-managing, Effective Participation.
What the course involves:
- Working safely and efficiently in a fabrication and welding environment
- Producing various fabricated test pieces using engineering drawings
- Fabrications including thick and thin plate techniques. Inckuding marking out, cutting by shear, forming and folding.
- Production of various welded joints using a range of welding proceses - MIG, MAG, TIG and MMA
- Oxy-fuel cutting and plasma arc cutting on a range of sections and thickness of materials.
Some employers require specific GCSE grades
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• Capable of hard physical work
• Good practical skills
• Concentration with attention to detail
• Ability to achieve high standards of accuracy whilst working under pressure
• Able to work as part of a a large team of craftsman/women, technicians and engineers
• Safety awareness is essential
You will be required to sit an English, Maths and ICT initial assessment before starting the Apprenticeship programme to check you are at a suitable level.
The National Minimum Apprenticeship wage is £3.30 per hour
Career Opportunities include:
- Structural Design Engineer
Follow us on social media for Apprenticeship update
Facebook - Alliance Learning Horwich
Twitter - @alhorwich
Instagram - alliance_learning
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.