Painting and Decorating Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
Working on construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to work and communicate with various employers and clients. To apply a paint finish to various substrates and area including the use of access equipment
This Apprenticeship programme is made up of the following 5 components:
1. Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating
- Safe working practices
- Knowledge of Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of Building methods and construction technology
- Erect and dismantle access and working platforms
- Preparation of surfaces
- Application of paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply papers to wall and ceilings
- Know how to produce specialist decorative finishes
- Know how to apply water-borne paint systems using (HVLP) spray equipment
2. Level 2 NVQ in Painting & Decorating
- Conform to general workplace safety
- Conform to efficient work practices
- Move and handle resources
- Erect and dismantle access/working platforms
- Prepare surfaces for painting/decorating
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
3. Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
5. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Minimum requirement 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at D or above, including English and maths. You must be employed in a relevant job role to undertake this apprenticeship.
This course is continually assessed through written and practical assignments and tests. NVQ work is assessed through documented evidence gathered from workplace activities.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Painting & Decorating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.