English Literature A level at Howard of Effingham School
Component 1: Drama
- Section A: Shakespeare text
- Section B: Other drama text
Component 2: Prose
- Two prose texts (one pre-1900) from a chosen theme
Component 3: Poetry
- Section A: Unseen modern poetry
- Section B: Prescribed poetry - literary period or named poet
GCSE Grade 6 or above in both English Language and Literature.
- Component 1: Written examination (30%) 2 hours (open book)
- Component 2: Written examination (20%) 1 hour (open book)
- Component 3: Written examination (30%) 2 hours (open book)
- Component 4: Internally assessed/externally moderated coursework (20%)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Howard of Effingham School directly.