Hairdressing Level Two NVQ Diploma at East Riding College
This course covers a wide varieity of essential hairdressing skills which will build up your practical abilities to industry standards.
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Giving clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advising and consultingwith clients
- Shampooing, conditioning and trating the hair and scalp
- Chainging hair colour
- Styling and finishing hair
- Setting and dressing hair
- Cutting hair suing basic techniques
Plus one optional unit:
- Perming and neutralising hair
- Promoting additional services or products to clients
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above
- VRQ level 2 in hairdressing or equivalent qualification
- A satisfactory interview and initial assessment
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
This qualification could help you gain employment in salons as a stylist or continue onto the NVQ level three as a full-time work-based course or a part-time course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.