Biology at St Mary's College
During this course you will have opportunities to:
- Develop greater understanding of biological facts together with an
appreciation of their significance in new and changing situations
- Develop greater expertise in the area of practical work and the link between
theory and experimental work
- Continue to enjoy a personal interest in the study of living organisms
- Recognise the responsible use of biology in society
- Develop a deeper awareness of biology in the changing world and its importance
in the new millennium
This course builds on the knowledge and understanding from the GCSE Science
suite of courses. It is expected that you will have achieved a GCSE
Grade B or above in this subject. During the course you will need to be able to
communicate effectively and research information from a variety of sources.
You will also be expected to handle and interpret data so a minimum grade B
in GCSE Mathematics and English is expected.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Mary's College directly.