Painting & Decorating Level 3 at Gateshead College
This programme will develop your skills from the Level 2 Painting and Decorating programme.
- Producing special decorative finishes such as marbles, wood grains, specialist stenciling and trompe l’oeil.
- Specialised architectural feature work, including restoration, gilding and plasterwork.
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment such as scaffolding, mobile scaffolds, steps, trestles, ladders and working platforms.
- Preparing surfaces for decoration - washing down, rubbing down by hand and mechanical methods, filling and stopping.
- Applying paint systems correctly using a variety of methods, tools and equipment.
- Applying specialised papers and wall coverings to walls and ceilings.
- Using specialised airless paint systems to achieve a professional finish.
- Achieving a professional finish for multiple surfaces.
- Information, quantities and communicating with others in the construction industry.
- Building methods and technology in construction.
- Carrying out safe working practices in construction.
- A vocationally revelevant Level 2 programme with GCSE English and maths at grade C or better
- In addition to the entry requirements it is essential that you have evidence of either relevant employment or work experience in the business sector, which may include voluntary work.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.