Administration (Business Professional) Level 3 at Gateshead College
This study programme is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and understanding of the administration activities you will need to progress to higher levels of study, into an apprenticeship or into employment. The programme is very practical and enables you to learn a lot about the key aspects of business administration.
Administration skills are learnt through a combination of classroom and practical learning in our office working area and in the classroom.
You'll use up-to-date technology such as interactive whiteboards, IPads and tablets.
You will also work together to organise an annual charity event where you will be given the opportunity to apply the skills you have learned and demonstrate teamwork.
Throughout your course, you will be given support to develop your skills for job searching, take part in an interviewing skills & techniques session, create a bespoke CV and create a LinkedIn account.
The programme is offered on a full-time basis: 2-3 full days per week.
- Working in Administration: Learn the role and importance of an Administrator in a business environment.
- Written Business Communication: Learn how to communicate effectively in contexts that are relevant to workplace situations.
- Teamwork in Administration: Learn how to work effectively in teams to achieve set objectives.
- Financial Transactions: Learn how to administer a petty cash system and manage customer accounts.
- Handling Diary Systems: Learn how to manage both an electronic and paper based diary system.
- Organise Business Travel and Accommodation: Learn how to administer business travel and accommodation arrangements for other people.
- Organise Meetings: Learn how to make arrangements to hold a meeting and support the effective running of that meeting.
- IT: Improve your IT skills with bespoke teaching on Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
English & maths
As part of this study programme we will help you to become work ready. If you do not have the necessary A-C grades in maths and English, we'll give you the extra help and support you need to improve them.
- A minimum of four GCSEs A* to C
- An equivalent Level 2 qualification
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
You can start on this programme and fast track to an apprenticeship once a vacancy becomes available and you're ready. Sign up to our apprenticeship alerts and we'll keep you updated on the latest apprenticeship vacancies. Plus our team will help you write your CV or application and prepare for interviews.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.