Marine Engineering Intermediate Apprenticeship at Colchester Institute
The Marine Engineering Intermediate Apprenticeship course is designed to give the learner the relevant training and education required to become a successful employee in the marine engineering industries.
Marine Engineering pathways for this framework can include:
- Marine Fabrication/Welding
- Marine Electrical/Mechanical Fitting
- Boat Building/Shipwright
- Rigger/Boat Moving
- Marine Painting
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Data and Documentation
- Working Effectively and Efficiently in Engineering
Optional units will be chosen based on the learner’s pathway, areas may include:
- Assisting in the Installation of Electrical/Electronic Equipment
- Assisting in the Assembly of Wooden Structural Components
- Applying Yacht and Boat Paints/Coating Materials
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT
4 GCSEs (grades A* – D), or equivalent, including English, maths and science.
Possible progression to an advanced qualification.. Career pathways may include progression within marine engineering technician roles
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.