Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1 at York College
This course is designed to engage and motivate students who are interested in learning about the maintenance of motor vehicles and the various roles that are available in the retail motor industry.
Students will study a selection of the following units.
- Health and Safety Practices in Vehicle Maintenance
- Tools, Equipment and Materials for Vehicle Maintenance
- Spark Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Compression Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Engine Liquid Cooling and Lubrication Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Braking Systems Components and Maintenance
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Procedures
- Vehicle Wheels and Tyres Construction and Maintenance
- Vehicle Exhaust Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Driveline Maintenance
- Introduction to Spark Ignition Fuel Systems
- Introduction to Compression Ignition Fuel Systems
- Introduction to Low Carbon Technologies in the Automotive Industry
- Spark Ignition Systems Maintenance
- Vehicle Electrical Foundation Skills
- Vehicle Lighting System Maintenance
This course offers an exciting and enjoyable programme of study for people interested in a career in the motor vehicle trade.
There is no requirement for prior knowledge of motor vehicle technology to study this course, however you do need to have 2 GCSEs at grade D and 2 GCSEs at grade E and a genuine interest in motor vehicle careers. The preference is for grade D in
Maths (grade 3+) and Science and grade E in English (grade 2+) plus one other subject.
Or the Diploma Entry Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
You will be assessed through online assessment, practical assignments and through multi-choice exams.
You can continue your studies by progressing onto the Level 2 VRQ full-time course in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, or alternatively you can find employment in the automotive industry or a Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.