Physics AS/A2 Level at The Basildon Academies Sixth Form
The aim of this course is to develop your understanding
of Physics in the world around us.
You will learn:
- How Chemistry affects the world around us.
- How to develop ideas
AS level students take:
Unit 1: The Quantum World
- Learn about the quantum world that Einstein didn’t believe in but has led to the discovery of the “god” particle
Unit 2: Mechanics
- Movement of objects in the Newtonian world
- How waves effect almost everything we do from watching TV to curing illness like cancer
Unit 3: Coursework
- A research piece on an area of Physics that interests you.
At A2 level students take:
Unit 4: Fields and Further Mechanics
- Momentum concepts
- Circular Motion
- Simple Harmonic motion
- Newton’s Laws
- Electric Fields Nuclear and Thermal Physics
Unit 5: Rotational Dynamics
- Concept of moment of inertia
- Thermodynamics and Engines
Unit 6: Investigative and Practical Skills in A2 Physics
- A practical Investigation of your choice which a research element.
General Sixth form inc.
GCSE Science Grade C.
Unit 1 –40% of the total AS marks 20% of the total A Level marks
Unit 2 – 40% of the total AS marks 20% of the total A Level marks
Unit 3 - Investigative and practical skills in AS Physics either 20%
of the total AS marks 10% of the total A Level A2 Examination
Unit 4 - 20% of the total A Level marks
Unit 5 –20% of the total A Level marks
Unit 6 - 10% of the total A Level marks Available June
Chemistry combines well with a range of subjects depending on your chosen
career pathway. For example if you are perusing a career as a Lab, teaching
or any Science career. A Level Physics is ideal. Physicists are involved in
all sorts of professional careers from designing Aircraft design to careers
in Formula 1 racing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Basildon Academies Sixth Form directly.