Travel & Tourism & Cabin Crew BTEC Level 3 at Shipley College
This course prepares you for a high flying career in the Travel & Tourism Industry with a focus on working as Cabin Crew. Using the mock cabin in college, you study for the Level 2 Cabin Crew Skills course which includes an introduction to airline/aviation operations, crew room duties and the role of air cabin crew when on board.
You will visit Leeds Bradford and Manchester International Airports to learn about how they operate and meet people working in the industry.
This course also includes looking at the Travel and Tourism sector including European travel destinations and the Business of Travel & Tourism.
- 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9 - 4), including English & maths. If you don’t have grade C (5-4) in both subjects, the minimum for the other is grade D (3).
- A full Level 2 at PP grade or above with maths and English grades equivalent to those stated above.*
- You will need to tell us about your interest in travel and your plans for a career in this industry.
- It is recommended that you have access to a computer and internet at home so that you can access all course materials to assist you in your studies.
* Students with grade D (3) in either English or maths will be expected to re-take that subject in Year 1.
On successful completion of Year 1, you have the option to continue on to the Level 3 for a further year.
There are also many career opportunities. Students have previously gone on to work as cabin crew, tour operations personnel, airport passenger service advisors and retail travel agents with Jet2, BA and Monarch airlines.
You could also progress on to Higher Education, to a degree or HND in a related course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.